Last updated on March 31, 2017.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
- 1.1. When Users use the Website, LogisticsKart collects and stores User’s Personal Information, which is provided by the User from time to time. LogisticsKart’s primary goal in doing so is to provide the Users with a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows LogisticsKart to provide services and features that most likely meet the User’s needs, and to customize the Website in order to make the User experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so LogisticsKart collects only that Personal Information from the User which LogisticsKart considers necessary for achieving this purpose.
- 1.2. While collecting information, where possible, LogisticsKart indicates which fields are required and which fields are optional.
- 1.3. LogisticsKart may automatically track certain information about the User based upon User’s behavior on the Website. LogisticsKart uses this information to do internal research on Users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand User preferences, protect and serve all Users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that the User came from (whether this URL is on the Website or not), which URL the User next goes to (whether this URL is on the Website or not), User’s computer browser information, and User’s IP address.
- 1.4. LogisticsKart may occasionally ask the Users to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask the Users for contact information and demographic information. LogisticsKart uses this data to tailor User experience on the Website.
- 1.5. If the User sends LogisticsKart personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other Users or third parties send LogisticsKart correspondence about the User’s activities or postings on the Website, LogisticsKart may collect and sort such information as per its practices.
2. MANNER OF DEALING WITH INFORMATION
- 2.1. In an effort to make the Website effective, certain information may be collected each time User visits the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. These encrypted statistics do not identify User personally, but provide LogisticsKart the information regarding User’s visit to the Website and the type of User who is accessing the Website and certain browsing activities by the User. This data may include, IP address of User’s server from where the Website is being accessed, the type of internet browser, the operating system of User’s system and the website, User last visited before visiting the Website. The duration of User’s stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of User’s access. This data is used by LogisticsKart to understand the usage of the Website and the number of Users visiting the Website. Some of the information related to the Website and User’s visit to the Website may be shared with the sponsors, investors, advertisers, developer, strategic business partners of LogisticsKart and some associates in order to enhance and grow the business and to fine tune the Website. LogisticsKart assures that this information will never include any of User’s Personal Information. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major Websites.
- 2.2. LogisticsKart uses User’s Personal Information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; measure consumer interest in the Services, inform the User about updates on Services, and customize User experience; detect and protect the Website against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce LogisticsKart’s terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to the User at the time of collection of User Details.
- 2.3. LogisticsKart uses User’s usage date (“Usage Data”) to help diagnose problems with and maintain computer servers, to manage the Website, and to enhance the Website and Services based on the usage pattern data received.
- 2.4. LogisticsKart may generate reports and analysis based on the Usage Data for internal analysis, monitoring and marketing decisions.
- 2.5. LogisticsKart may provide Usage Data to third parties, but when it does so, it does not provide personally-identifying information without User’s permission.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- 3.1. LogisticsKart may share Personal Information with its other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of LogisticsKart services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that the User requests where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not market to the User as a result of such sharing unless the User explicitly opts-in.
- 3.2. LogisticsKart may share User Details with third parties in order to conduct a basic verification of information provided by the User.
- 3.4. LogisticsKart may also disclose information about the Users if it determines that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce LogisticsKart terms and conditions or protect its operations or Users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale LogisticsKart may transfer any or all Personal Information to the relevant third party.
4. ACCESS TO USER INFORMATION
- 4.1. LogisticsKart provides Users with the means to ensure that their User Details are correct and current. Users may review and update this information at any time by logging into their Account. Users can also change their passwords and other details related to their profile by logging into their account. At the time of updating User Details, LogisticsKart may ask Users to verify User identity before LogisticsKart can act on User’s request.
- 4.2. LogisticsKart may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
- 4.3. LogisticsKart shall provide information access and correction for free. LogisticsKart aims to maintain Services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Therefore, after User deletes its Account from the Website, LogisticsKart may not immediately delete residual copies from active servers and may not remove information from the backup systems.
5. UPDATING INFORMATION
- 5.1. As a registered User, User’s Personal Information can be viewed and edited through User’s Account which is protected by a Password.
- 5.2. LogisticsKart takes reasonable steps to keep User’s Personal Information accurate and complete. If User has created an Account on the Website, the User can update their Personal Information after they log into the Account. User can also contact LogisticsKart at the e-mail or postal address listed in the "Contact Us" section.
6. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1. LogisticsKart has taken adequate measures to protect the security of User’s Personal Information and to ensure that User’s choices for its intended use are honored. LogisticsKart takes robust precautions to protect User data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- 6.2. LogisticsKart recommends that Users should not divulge their Password to anyone.
- 6.3. LogisticsKart personnel will never ask Users for their Password via any type of communication. If User shares a computer with others, the User should not save log-in information (e.g., User ID and Password) on the computer.
- 6.4. The User should remember to sign out of the Account and close browser window when the User has finished the session.
- 6.5. User’s Personal Information is never shared outside LogisticsKart without User permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access to employees and other personnel or consultants on a need-to-know basis.
- 6.6. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secured. As a result, while LogisticsKart tries to protect User’s information, no website or company, including LogisticsKart, can absolutely ensure or guarantee the security of any information User transmit to the Website and the User does so at User’s own risk.
- 6.7. When LogisticsKart receives formal written complaints, LogisticsKart shall contact the complainant to follow up on such complaints. LogisticsKart shall work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of Personal Information that cannot be resolved with such persons directly.
7. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- 7.2. When Users register themselves on the Website, LogisticsKart creates User’s Account, assigning a personal identification number, this personal identification number is then sent back to User’s hard drive in the form of a “cookie”, which is a small bit of code. This code is unique to each User. It enables seamless travel across the Website, allowing User to use the Website without having to enter its password frequently or fill out registration forms with information User has already provided.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND FREE TOOLS.
- 9.1. The Website and its contents are not intended to be targeted to minors under applicable law and LogisticsKart does not intend to provide any services to minors.
- 9.3. If a minor has provided LogisticsKart with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact LogisticsKart on the co-ordinates mentioned on the ‘contact us’ page to remove the information.
- 10.2. The User agrees and acknowledges that Personal Information collected through the Website may be transferred across national boundaries and stored and processed in any country around the world. User also acknowledges that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of User information may be undertaken by trusted third party vendors or agents of LogisticsKart such as web hosting providers, marketing agencies, verification agencies, digital payment partners, communication services, and web analytic providers, to help facilitate LogisticsKart in providing certain Services.
- 10.5. The User agrees and acknowledges that LogisticsKart may display information about its transaction on the Website. Such information shall include non-personal information like volume of goods imported and/or traded, such information will not contain any Personal Information of the User. However, LogisticsKart does not guarantee that such information would be incapable of being used by any person to lead to a particular User.
- 11.1. LogisticsKart may, if the User so chooses, send direct advertisement mailers to the User at the address given by the User, which could contain details of the Services associated with LogisticsKart. Users have the option to opt-out of this direct or third party mailer by clicking at the unsubscribe link option attached to the e-mail. LogisticsKart respects User privacy and if the User does not want to receive e-mail or other communications from LogisticsKart. For any query or assistance, Users should contact LogisticsKart on the co-ordinates mentioned on the ‘contact us’ page.
- 11.2. LogisticsKart provides all Users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from LogisticsKart on behalf of LogisticsKart partners, and from LogisticsKart in general, after setting up an account.
- 11.3. If the User wants to remove its contact information from all LogisticsKart lists and newsletters, User should contact LogisticsKart on the co-ordinates mentioned on the ‘contact us’ page.
- 11.4. If the User chooses to remove its contact information from all LogisticsKart lists and newsletters, the User may not be able to access and/or avail parts of the Services or the Services entirely.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 12.1. LogisticsKart is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the User’s Information.
- 12.3. A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of LogisticsKart and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, civil disturbances, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, and any other similar events not within the control of LogisticsKart and which LogisticsKart is not able to overcome.
13. GRIEVANCE OFFICER
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Samir Kumble
Phone: +91 9820556395
Timings: 10.00AM – 5.00PM (Monday – Friday)
Queries regarding this statement should be directed to the co-ordinates mentioned on the ‘contact us’ page.